Our resources provide general information only for practitioners and legal advisors in UK universities to consider when developing their approach to compliance.
We are developing practical information and guidance on:
- Implementing export control business processes in a university context
- How control ratings apply to real-life research materials and activities
- How end-user controls apply to research collaborations and visitors
- Writing effective export licence applications and navigating the licensing process
- Managing exports after grant of individual licences or registration for open general export licences (OGELs) or preparation of applications for open individual export licences (OIELs) – including appropriate record keeping and audit preparation
- Raising awareness of export controls in the research community
Other external resources
Work with us
Together we will ask the right questions and investigate answers to develop our expertise.
If you are an administrator, executive, legal or compliance professional at a UK university, by contributing your experiences, expertise and ideas you will help to address the most pressing challenges and opportunities facing UK universities in relation to export controls. You can do this by becoming a member of HEECA.
We are working with Red Development England to create an online, freely accessible Higher Education Strategic Export Control Training package.